Indian on 7:56 AM
Smartphones now have apps that cater to all sorts of hobbies, and car lovers are definitely not left out of the loop. These following five apps are useful for any car enthusiast or for those who are in love with their car or cars in general.
1. CarBuzz. For car lovers who like to stay connected with the latest information about the automobile industry. CarBuzz streams news, pictures, car reviews and rumors abuzz in the industry straight to your mobile device.
There are more than 2,500,000 downloads of the app, making it one of the most popular and well-loved apps for car lovers. A directory includes different profiles for the various carmakers and model of cars in the industry. The app is free to download and is available for Apple and Android model devices.
2. Top Gear Portfolio 2012. This app features an assortment of the most beautiful automobile photos. It features photographs taken in far off or unusual locations, which are handpicked by experts at Top Gear magazine, experts who have been giving advice and catering to the car lover community for more than 10 years. Car enthusiasts will enjoy hours of savoring these high quality and exotic photos of automobiles. The app costs $3.99 and is available for the iPad.
3. Parking Meters. Don’t let your ride get a ticket just because you forgot when it was you parked. This is a fantastic app for letting you keep an eye on the parking meter you parked your beautiful car at and to keep apprised of when it needs to be updated. You can photograph your parking spot as a reminder of where you parked and the app also features GPS, which connects you to Google Maps. The app is free to download and is available for Apple devices.
4. Dynolicious. This app tests and records many performance specs for your car such as horsepower, race times and maximum speed. It can hold all your information for future reference and to be able to compare and contrast. Results can be posted to various social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter so you can let your friends see how great your car really is. Dynolicious has gotten reviews from top publications such as Car and Driver and The New York Times. The app costs $12.99 and can be downloaded for Blackberry and Apple products.
5. Waze. An excellent app for getting your cherry auto out of a potential traffic jam.Waze is a GPS enabled navigation app that gives you access to real-time information on traffic and accidents that may be occurring as you‚Äôre on the road. Apple has its eye on Waze for acquisition to help overhaul its less than perfect Maps app. The app is free to download and is available for both the Apple and Android platforms.
If you are a car enthusiast, you should definitely give the apps above a try. Being a car enthusiast can be made so much more fun with the addition of these and many more technological applications.
Byline: Patrick Harrison writes about all things car-related. He has recently researched a great deal about European Auto Repair for this next article.
Filled Under:apps latest Mobile tech
Powered by Blogger.